Whether you're a beginner needle felter or you've got some experience under your belt, I'll teach you tips and techniques that will help you create beautiful wool paintings.
I've been dreaming of making a course where I can share helpful tutorials about the things I've learned during my six years of experience with a felting needle. I've developed my felting skills through thousands of hours of practice, and I share all my favorite techniques in this course.
These lessons offer a project-based approach to learning this style of felting. Each lesson includes a step-by-step video tutorial that guides you through a project from beginning to end. So if you've never felted before, you can follow each project closely and develop your techniques. But if you have felting experience, you have the freedom to adapt the projects to your skill level and style. There's no wrong way to learn.
Check out this quick video of clips from the course lessons (which total 129 minutes). I've strived to provide well-paced and instructional videos that are easily followed and understood.
"This really was a great course, especially for a beginner like me. The way you walked me through every step made me walk away from the course feeling like this could be a craft I could really improve upon and enjoy doing more and more."Eva
This self-led course is for you if:
- You want to try out a unique medium. (Fiber arts are so tactile and satisfying!)
- You're ready to explore two-dimensional needle felting ("painting with wool") and expand your artistic arsenal.
- You like relaxing and meditative crafts. (So many folks agree that needle felting is very relaxing and stress-relieving.)
This self-led course is NOT for you if:
- You're allergic to wool. :)
- You hate needles. I mean, they are SHARP. Be careful out there, friends.
- You need immediate results out of a project. (Needle felting takes time and patience, and the results are well worth the wait.)
- You don't think occasionally finding bits of wool in your hair or on your clothes is charming. (I'm trying to start a fashion trend here.)
"What I love is that you provided a foundation of technique that I can use and adapt in my own way. Already thinking of ordering more vibrant felt so I can experiment with abstract "paintings" in wool!"Caroline